Upskilling for Door Supervisors 2 Days
Level 2 Award for Upskilling a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry (QCF) has been developed to meet the training and licensing requirements of the SIA which regulates the sector under the terms of the Private Security Industry Act 2001. The legislation requires individuals working in the sector to be licensed. The SIA is responsible for licensing and has specified the criteria for obtaining a licence, one of which is the achievement of the qualification.
The qualification provides full coverage of the competences specified by the SIA, and therefore meets their requirements for a licence-linked qualification for those door supervisors who are renewing their SIA licence, and whose qualification was awarded before June 2010, or whose qualification was awarded between June and September 2010 where the training did not include physical intervention skills.
The qualification is both knowledge and skills based and consists of two mandatory units.
The qualification will provide learners with an opportunity to:
Update the knowledge and skills required of a door supervisor within the private security industry
Achieve a standalone qualification that enables them to continue to work as a door supervisor
Escorting & Holding (Non Restrictive and Restrictive holding techniques)
- The Training consists of the following:
- The requirement to use non-physical skills as far as possible
- The law in relation to ‘reasonable force’ and ‘self defence’
- The value of assessing a situation before intervening
- Using physical intervention as a last resort
- Possible medical implications
- The potential legal implications of the techniques
- Problem solving
- Disengagement techniques
- Escorting and guiding skills
- Holding skills
- Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors within the Private Security Industry
The Physical Intervention course is assessed through class participation and practical techniques during the sessions.
This is a 2 Days course
Group bookings welcome
Next Course Dates: every week